250-hour TESOL Diploma Course
250-hour TESOL Diploma Course
ITTT 250-hour TESOL diploma course is designed for teachers who are already TEFL certified and who want to further their training and knowledge by gaining a higher qualification.
- give you a clearer understanding of your role as an EFL teacher and covers a wide variety of subjects, from material design to different learning theories.
- Gradually improve your general research skills and your overall writing ability.
- Develop several other transferable skills that you will find useful both in and out of the classroom.
- To enhance your development and knowledge as an EFL teacher.
- The potential to earn a higher income.
- The opportunity to obtain a more prestigious teaching position.
All ITTT online TEFL/TESOL courses are fully accredited by the Online TESOL and TEFL Standards Agency (OTTSA). OTTSA is a professional education organization, dedicated to raising industry standards for online TEFL/TESOL teacher-training courses.
The course is divided into 11 separate modules as outlined below:
- Course outline
- Module 1: Study Skills
- Module 2: A Brief History of ELT
- Module 3: Second Language Acquisition
- Module 4: Course Design
- Module 5: Discourse Analysis
- Module 6: Material Design
- Module 7: Phonology
- Module 8: Assessment Methods
- Module 9: Classroom Management
- Module 10: Embedding Learning Technologies
- Module 11: Continuing Professional Development
- Summative Task (Thesis)
All course modules require roughly 21 hours of study. The final summative task is a research-based thesis which generally requires about 20 hours of study. Therefore, you should expect the course to take around 250 hours to complete.
Your understanding of the course will be continuously assessed as you work through the modules. After you have studied each individual module you will complete a multiple choice test that covers the information from that section. Your answers for each module test will be automatically marked and the results displayed on a bar chart. This assessment procedure will apply to all eleven of the course modules.
To finish the course you will need to submit a research thesis as outlined in the summative task. Upon successful completion of the eleven course modules and the summative task, you will receive your online TESOL/TEFL Diploma certificate.
You will have access to the support and assistance of an experienced online tutor from ITTT for the duration of your studies. You will be able to contact your tutor at any time with any questions or problems you may have, and they will respond with helpful advice as quickly as possible. Your course tutor will be one of IITT’s highest qualified and most experienced teacher trainers. They will have been a practicing EFL teacher and have at least ten years of EFL teaching and training experience.
Enrol on our online TEFL Diploma course and receive a 120-hour TEFL certificate course free of charge. Diploma course applicants that are already TESOL/TEFL certified can choose either the CTEYL or CTBE courses as their free course option.