Headstart Group is currently recruiting passionate and enthusiastic individuals to join its 400-member strong teaching community. This is a unique opportunity to become part of an established company that is well-known for its quality of services. At Headstart, we believe ‘a company is as good as its people’ and thus it strives to build a culture that is warm, inclusive and open, and in which staff feels valued, appreciated and supported.
Successful applicants will have the unique opportunity to work in local schools. He will experience local school culture, system and curriculum. These valuable experiences will put him in a strong position as he considers advancing to the government’s NET scheme, which are prestigious and highly selective teaching positions.
• Teach English classes to students in our 250-school network
• Engage in lesson planning and teaching resources preparation
• Work with local English teachers to develop strategies to enhance learning outcome
• Design activities to promote students’ interest in learning English
• Native English speaker
• Degree holder + TEFL / TESOL / CELTA certificate or
• Bachelor degree in Education
• A valid passport
• Excellent organisation skills
• Enthusiastic, creative, open-minded and reliable
The company offers attractive benefits. They are listed below.
• Full Visa Sponsorship
• Return airfare
• Optional accommodation package
• Overtime payment
• Summer work bonus
• Contract completion bonus
• Referral bonus
• Comprehensive 2 week training programme
• Competitive incremental salary increase
• At least 3-week paid school holidays
• At least 17-day paid public holidays
• Sick leave
• Orientation programme
• Appraisals and career support
• Social network connections and community participation prior to and post arrival in HK
• Opportunity for career advancement to HKSAR native-speaking English teacher (NET) scheme
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in the position, please fill in the application form. All information received will be kept in strictest confidence.
Teacher Referral Programme
“Feeling gratitude, and not expressing it, is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
–William Arthur Ward
Thank you Headstart Teachers!! You have made Headstart what it is today: strong, well-regarded and a nice family to belong to.
We want more people like you to join us. Participate in the Teacher Referral Programme and make our family even stronger and bigger.
Terms and Conditions
1. Only past and present Headstart teachers are entitled to this privilege.
2. The referred teacher must not already be in our database.
3. Referred teacher must pass the face to face interview and be assigned a project.
4. HK$1,000 will be paid once only.
5. Headstart teacher must seek the permission of the referred teacher prior to referral.
6. Referred teacher must provide details of his/her referring teacher during interview to validate the referral.
7. In the instance where a teacher was referred by 2 or more people, the first referral qualifies for the gift.
10.Headstart teacher will be eligible for the referral gift as soon as the referred teacher completes a teaching project with good standing*.
11. If the referred teacher is placed by Headstart at a school for a permanent position, payment will be made as soon as the referred teacher passes the probationary period.
12. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Headstart will conduct a thorough investigation and its decision shall be final.
*punctual, no occurrence of sick leave/absenteeism, well-preparation for lessons and good feedback from client